Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment And Other Stuff

Feels like it's been forever since I've decided to talk about anything. I'm realizing my life has slowly become routine, Pft. Hate that. Get up, Go to work, Come home and nap. Repeat. How ridculous. I gotta get outta this place more and start chilling out with everyone. I'm getting way too bored. WAY too bored. Anywho. I tried something pretty interesting. See. As a mixed ethnicity person, I have (more like had) the unique hair pattern. Curl pattern 3A. Now damaged, brittle. And very frizzy/straight looking as opposed to the nice beautiful curls I once had.
Lately, curls and natural hair styles have become more...Wanted. And more worn this year so I decided to get my butt back into gear and fix my hair which is ultimately heat and dye/bleach damaged. I did try a lot of things. Co-washing, No Shampoo or sulfate free ones to keep from further damaging the hair. Making sure to use plenty of healthy silicone-free hair gels and cremes for my hair. Pft. It's been about 2 weeks and my was still looking like shit. I was frustrated. Wanting to cry. And just go bald. Really. My unique curl pattern has been killed, so I thought.
Then, upon my research for how to bring the curls -back- was two very interesting discovers. Soaking the hair in warm/hot beer and the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment. So. I decided no thanks to the beer. Because, eh. Don't want my hair stinkin' like beer. 
....
ANYWHO.
I went to Sally's and bought a tiny packet of the Aphogee's 2-Step Protein Treatment which also came with a moisturizer packet for afterwards. Watching a fellow curly haired woman use the product and how it actually helped the dead hair to regain some life and pattern got me -very- sold on it. So. I rushed home and quickly begun application on it. I shampooed my hair 2 times with a regular sulfate shampoo, Generic Suave Coconut scented. After that the hair felt -very- dry and brittle. So. I then applied the protein treatment and blow dried it onto the hair. The first thing I noticed when I finished was how -sticky- the hair was. Yuck. I did make sure to remove my towel before starting to blow dry the hair. When I finished, it was hard.  Completely solid like a helmet of hair. Weird feeling. I would press one finger into it and immediately hear the tiny crunchy like sound. The hair seemed so hard and sealed that if you just bent it, it would break off.  After that, I rinsed it out and applied the moisturizer along with my favorite OrganiX coconut Milk conditioner and allowed that to sit for 2 minutes. Now. Upon washing -that- out, I noticed that my curls looked so much more hydrated and healthier than I'd seen them. Yes, my curls. A good bit of them actually came back!
If anything, I would give this treatment a 9.5 out of 10. And I definitely recommend it to anyone out there who wishes to have healthier and more beautiful hair. Hm. It's a great product, and amazingly well worth the money. 

In other news, I am re-doing my page so some changes will be noticed but I haven't decided exactly what I'm set on having this page look like. Anywho, That's all for now.~


0 Comments